Tuesday, January 24, 2012

0021 Savannah Central - Wide Open Prairie!

The wife was able to finish her cookbook project in the basement along with filing and general clean up so that I can now access the basement 100%.  Yeah!  We started cleaning it out tonight and will finish over the next few days.  I still have to put in the light.

I tried to get more done this weekend but was just exhausted and had a lot of train club stuff to do.  Our club is growing fast and we had an awesome presentation on Decoder Pro.  What fun!  But with all the volunteer stuff going on and a new Callboard Magazine to publish this might be my last post for about two weeks.  I'll be at the World's Greatest Hobby show here in Sandy, Utah for one whole weekend as well.

So busy...too busy for a hobby.  Won't have much lined up after that.

So if you don't see a post for a few days, you know I'm finishing up the magazine!

I did go to Home Depot and Lowes this weekend and look at the lumber.  For some reason the sandply at Lowes is better and cheaper than Home Depot.  One thing I also found out is that they aren't charging $0.50 per cut after one or two cuts anymore.  I may just have them do the 2.5" plywood cuts for me on their panel saw instead bugging Thayne the Viking.

Each time I build a layout I shrink the wood.  My earlier layouts were build with 2x4's and dimensional lumber that was large.  This time I'm going down from 3" plywood strips 1/2" thick for the open grid to 2 1/2" strips.  The legs have been 2x2 dimensional stock, but I'm going to use 2 1/2" plywood in an L formation with a small 2x2 hardwood at the bottom for the adjustable feet.  This way all my timber is pretty much 2 1/2" ply all the way around.  It makes it much easier.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!