Wednesday, January 11, 2012

0008 Savannah Central - Curvy Lines Like Cars and Women

I love curves.  Whether its cars, women or airplanes, I think the gentle curve bring happiness to the eye.  A sharp edge ruins a lot of shirts on a layout.  Elbows tend to suffer as well.  So my style is gentle curves and we'll do that for this layout.  They are slightly hard to construct, but the efforts are certainly worth it.

 I like the "waterwings" design and sketched a bunch of these.  What I didn't like is the space they took up.  In between this sketch and the next I made a ton of other sketches and threw them away.  Then I got this one.

I liked it a lot, so I filled it in with detail.  It opens to the front of the room, though a bit tight.  We can fix that.  The top right corner is a little cramped, but we can fix that too.  A nice 1/2 height divider could run down the middle and the mainline is quite long.  This one is "speaking to me" as my friend Rob Bowman used to say, so we'll keep it and play with it for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    Very cool! It's really taking shape. I can't wait to see the start of bench work construction!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!