Monday, January 23, 2012

0020 Savannah Central - Fascia-nating!

On every layout I try to play with new ideas that either were never done before or never caught on, but still were good ideas.  On this layout I'm going to try a fascia idea I came up with a few years ago.

I love dry marker boards!  I love to make notes, draw and think using them.  Home improvement stores carry the raw board in 4x8 sheets.  What if I make my fascia boards out of them?  I can draw and write on them.  Would be great for ops, for repairs and for use during construction.  What I didn't know is whether it would cut, bend and drill very well.

So, let's test it.  I got a 2 x 4 board and brought it home.  My daughter drew on it and erased...was ok.  I cut it and it did chip just a little, but was ok.  I might have to cover the ends/edges.  Drilling was fine.

I'll keep playing with the idea....write in with your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    That's using the old grey matter! What about using "chalkboard" paint? The colors are limited, but you could paint your hardboard fascia and write on it with chalk.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!