Wedging the car in the cradle, I carefully, and without photos or instructions, mount the brake wheel. I hate this kit.
I have to drill out the holes for the stanchion, but the hand wheel's hole is too big. Unfortunately I don't have any other brass wire that will work. Next time I'm at the hobby shop I need a supply of brass and plastic rods.
The chain is a type of flexible plastic. I'm not sure it will work, but at this point I just want the car done, so I glue it on.
Everything is assembled and ready to go to the paint shop. I wash the parts and let them dry while I set up the booth.
We're using Floquil Oxide Red as it works well on resin.
I put several light coats on the model and the trucks, but it is not covering well. I'll let it dry and give her another coat tomorrow.
The depot only needs a smoke stack around back and signs for the town, plus some figures. I tried to find a good stack, but can't, so I ordered one from Caboose Hobbies. They were out of them, and the hinges I need for another project. Parts just get harder and harder to get. Oh well...off to dinner.