Hey! Look what showed up! My new sander. I bought it on Ebay. This is one of the ones that Harbor Freight used to sell. It was $25. Just needs a rheostat to control the speed.
Chicago tools are sometime good. This has a solid sewing machine motor on it, so it should be fine.
I set up the angle and make sure everything runs ok. Looks good.
One problem is the support plate. It looks like it has been beaten up a little bit and isn't smooth. I'll have to sand it smooth and polish it.
I needed to smooth out the bottom of the structure, but the sander is just too fast. I'll have to get it to slow down.
I test fit the roof. Knowing that the corner posts were not trimmed, I expected to have to do some fitting. A quick hit with a razor blade and sanding block fixed it.
Using large rubber bands, I put the roof on the structure and braced it with 1-2-3 blocks. Then I applied a heavy amount of Elmer's Glue to the areas in the roof line.
The fit isn't perfect, but we'll add fascia boards here so the gap will be covered up.
I put a block along the roofline and glued it in place for roof strength. We'll let this dry for several days.