Here on Saturday morning it is quiet, as the wife is asleep and the kids are watching cartoons. I'm sneaking down to the basement!
I grabbed some basswood squares. Need to figure out what to use for the corner boards. Technically I should have cut these and painted them with the windows, but now that would be thinking ahead.
I cut four posts to a rough length with a hobby knife.
Using a sanding block, I sanded them to proper length.
One coat acrylic brown paint (like I used on the windows) was applied and allowed to dry.
A second coat was applied and also allowed to dry.
I cleaned off workbench #2 so that I had plenty of clean space to work on. Putting the walls together is a critical step, and having room to work is a good thing. My collection of 1-2-3 blocks are going to be used to hold the structure (and right angles) together.
Using a liberal coating of Elmer's glue, I put the side wall and front wall together, being sure that everything is square, and holding it in place with the heavy steel blocks.
The other walls were put together in the same fashion.
We'll leave these two assemblies to dry until later tonight, and then I'll put them all together. We'll do the roof tomorrow, most likely. I'll also glue the corner posts on. We should be done this weekend!