Sunday, February 16, 2014

116 The Navajo Mining Railway - Depot Gets Glazing

It's a bit drafty in the depot, so let's add glass to the windows!


I clear off the workbench and bring over the depot.


Using a spare window like those I used on the structure, I cut out a paper template to use for the acetate glass.  Normally I use slide glass or other materials as acetate is hard to work with.  But I need it done and done fast.


Using the acetate I cut out seven windows, one more than I needed.


Here they are.  You have to keep them clean and free of scratches and dings.  Be careful!


Using ACC, something else I don't like using, I mount each of the windows.  Normally I'd use Canopy Glue, but my tube was dried up.  I use a foam cradle to hold the window to a level position.


I turn the depot and glue in the windows one or two at a time.


Once I put in the last one, we'll put it aside to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!