Sunday, April 29, 2012

Book Review: How To Operate a Modern Era Switching Layout

How To Operate a Modern Era Switching Layout
By Lance Mindheim

This book is a MUST READ for folks that like switching layouts or modern day model railroading!  I was so intrigued by this book that I threw out the the plans for my steam era narrow gauge line and began building a modern day switching layout!  My friends think I'm crazy...but this book really opened my eyes as to what a switching layout could really be.

The book is packed full of eye-opening details about industrial switching.  Even though I've bought rail services for years, I hadn't thought of all the things this book contains.  It covers switch lists, spotting locations and much, much more.

The book suffers from poorly reproduced photos and wide column print, but that doesn't distract from the impact.  Lance is really on the cutting edge of model railroading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!