Monday, April 16, 2012

009 The Utah Night Shift - Wife's Away, With Trains We'll Play! Part 1

The wife is going on a vacation!  Yeah!  That means Scott is on vacation!  Yeah!  She's going out of town to see old college friends.  I'll be taking the week off to stay with the children and be Mr. Mom.  Actually, I love this.  I get to spend a lot of quality time with the children and get to work on the layout without grief from the Supervisor.

Life is good!


Late night switching on the Trax line.  Utah Railway locomotives move plastic pellet cars into the transloading facility.  Yeah, I can't see it either...gotta get Mark R. to show me how to shoot night shots!

She's still here so I did the prep work today.  I bought all the lumber I thought I needed yesterday and Super Thayne 13 The Viking helped me cut it up today.  We cut two table tops, a backdrop, a shelf, and most of the fascia.  We also cut three 1" foam tops for the three tables.  Neither of us was sure about how the mighty power saw would cut the foam...so we experimented.  This is the PERFECT way to cut foam!  It was so good we cut up the scenery materials he needed for a clinic.  Always great to have Thayne around...so much so, I went back over there later in the day and saw him and Jim.

After taking wood inventory I realized that I was still short and needed more 1x3 and 2x2 stock.  Back to Home Depot again!  I have got to start making lists.  I also bought some adjustable feet for the tables, foam board glue and some Dap latex caulk for putting down track.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I put down flex track!

Should be a fun week!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!