Full Drawing - Click to Enlarge
Close Up Drawing for Construction
Willamette River Railway
Layout Statistics and Information
Owner: Thayne Tenney, Sandy, Utah
Designer: Scott Perry, Sandy, Utah
Track Centers: 2 2/3” mainline, 2” yard and other
Size: 8 x 20 feet
Railroad: Union Pacific, Portland Terminal Railroad Co.
Height: 49 1/2”
Track: Atlas Code 83
Turnouts: Walthers’s Code 83 Turnouts
Turnouts: Mainline #8, Sidings #6, Switching District #5
Radius: Mainline minimum 32”, Switching district 18”
Grade Maximum: 2%
Sub-Roadbed: spline or cookie cutter plywood
Roadbed : Homabed or homasote
Layout Style: twice around, over under with lift outs, hidden staging.
Track Clearance: 4.5”
Train Length: 8 cars, 50 foot length + loco is average
Control System: MRC Prodigy Advance 2 DCC
Purpose: Hauling freight through Portland on UP’s Brooklyn Subdivision, moving freight to the Portland Terminal customers, and supporting customers on the mainline including a large power station.
Traffic: grain; IBC’s, coal, mixed freight, etc.
1. Greenbrier Rail Services (repairs rail cars) – steel & parts in, railcars out.
2. Ashland Hercules (chemicals) – chemicals in and out
3. Boydstun Metal Works – scrap metal in and out
4. Port of Portland Dock 2 – any dry commodity
5. Portland Grain Terminal – grain in and out
6. Eugene Grain and Feed – grain in and out
7. Boardman Plant – coal in
8. Portland Chemical – chemical hoppers out