First I test fit all the windows and doors into the painted walls. Using and emery board I sanded some of the openings for a less snug fit.
The windows should be straight and level, and snug right up to the wall. Oops...that one doesn't. Sand, sand, sand!
I test fit the doors into the door frames...all good!
Using Depot Buff paint I paint the door panels on the outside of the door. No need to paint the ones inside as I never step foot into the building.
To give the structure a lived in feeling, I open both doors and glue them in with gap filling CA adhesive, using a toothpick to prop them open, and some Zip Kicker to lock them in place.
I turn the two long walls over and will let them dry. So much for the mess on Desk 2!
Over on Desk 1 we have a bad case of the shingles. Shakes, actually. First, I draw one foot apart alignment lines on the roof sections. This is where the top of the shake will go.
Eight hours later (just kidding) I've go a line of shakes glued one at a time with Elmer's white glue forming a nice line. You HAVE to get these perfectly straight or you will see the error a mile away.
The shakes overlap the sides just a tiny bit.
Here is a little better picture. Ok, only 80 more hours to go, and about 10 repeat episodes of Gilligan's Island. RIP, Professor.
Tune in next time for the Shakes!