My parts have been sitting on a tray for a few weeks, so I guess they might be dry by now! What we are going to do is to detail the outer walls. The goal is to make a depot that is showing some wear, but not so much that it doesn't look like it is being uses. We need nail holes and board separations.
I can't find my nail tool, so I'm going to make a new one. It needed replacing anyway. Using a section of hardwood dowel, I cut it about nine inches long. The dowel was scrap wood as it had been distressed with a saw blade. That actually comes in handy as it allows you to twist the pin. Using a pin vise and a #86 bit, I drilled a 3/4" deep hole in the dowel and shoved a sewing needle into it with a pair of plyers.
Next, I scored nail holes using my smallest ponce wheel and a metal angle to make it straight.
Using a hobby knife and brand new blade, I cut boards in different areas and along nail hole lines to help reduce the look of sheet clapboard. At every cut I made nail holes on the boards using the needle tool. Click to enlarge the photo to see what I'm talking about.
This is delicate work, so I strapped on a finger light to give me a little more light on the area where I'm working. All done!