Tuesday, December 4, 2012

010 - Richlawn RR v2 -Palmer Products

Wait...let me get this straight.  You want me to put an ASBESTOS plant on the layout?  You do realize that people DIE from that, right?  Ok...no problem...its YOUR layout.  Consider the Palmer Products Corporation a part of the railroad!

Palmer is still in business today making mastic adhesives and brakes.  Their trademark smokestack is still in tact.  Here are some pix.  Rick says this is a key industry for him.  Would appear to me that they were getting coal over by the power house and stack.  Don't have a historical photo.

Rick...do you have any other photos?













1 comment:

  1. Scott,
    What - you afraid of a little asbestos? (cough, cough!) I sent you some pictures from a site visit I did in Louisville a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!