Sunday, March 11, 2012

0031 Savannah Central - is Now the Wasatch & Jordan Valley RR!!!

Er....what?

Has he lost his mind?

Well the answer would be yes.  And no.  I've been struggling with HO for some time.  I have diabetes and my eyesite gives me problems.  Over the past 7 years I've been an On30 modeler.  So I got to thinking, if I could get 60 square feet of On30 into my basement, that would be enough to get my Achievement Program Scenery and Civil certificates.

An Ore Jenny for the Emma Mine in Alta Canyon

So I took the current track plan for the Savannah Central and started kicking around what I might be able to do with the SAME track plan in On30.  I grabbed a copy of Utah Ghost Rails and started reading.  That is when I discovered that the Wasatch and Jordan Valley Railroad once ran right by my house!  Actually it ran right by Thayne's house, one street over.  This railroad hauled the stone that build the Temple downtown.  It was narrow gauge and quite filled with silver ore excitement!

So....

I'm changing my layout!  Again!  It's my railroad!

My next post will be history and links for the 22 mile railroad.  I tried to get time to cut wood today, but it just didn't happen with little children around.  Maybe this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!