Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Hotel Clinic - Trestles part 2

I'm headed out to Chicago again soon, so while I'm home I'm going to prepare for trestle building.

One of the things I need most is a saw.  I also need tweezers and a thing plastic case.  We'll head over to Hobby Lobby in a minute and pick these up.  I also need more wood and possibly some dry pigments for painting as the water color was not strong enough.

I found a great site for a company that makes trestle kits and jigs called Black Bear.  You should check out their site.  About everything you need to know is there.  Here is what they recommend for pile trestle timber:

Trestle - Round Leg Materials
Legs12" Diameter1/8" Diameter *15
Top Cap12" x 12"1/8" x 1/8" *1
Bent Bracing3" x 8"1/32" x 3/32" *16
Longitudinal Bracing6" x 10"1/16" x 3/32" *4
Steel Angle Brace6" x 6"1/16" x 1/16" *7"

Hey!  They even have a trestle building clinic on line!  

Another great pile bent trestle photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!