We are going to start with the OR&W flat car. Originally I was going to produce a log car, but I'm changing my mind and will put another kind of load on it. Maybe some fresh cut lumber to contrast the aged car.
To build up points I'll do the following:
- Make my own turnbuckles (6) in brass
- Make my own stake pockets in brass
- Make my own nbt castings - resin from a master
- Make the wood frame, deck and bolsters.
- Make my own link and pin couplers and pockets
- Make my own brake wheel from brass
- Make my own sideframes (from brass master, cast in resin)
- I might turn my own wheels but I'll need a lot of rum for that.
- I'll freelance it for the Hebard Cypress Company and make my own decals.
- I won't make the air hose, but will make most of the brake system parts.
- Not sure about the load. I'll come up with something. I like lumber loads.