Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 13 of 180 Days of A/P Cars - #4 Gondola - Loaded Question

So went I build Gondola #4, which is exactly like Gondola #3 and similar to flats #1 and #2, what will I put in it?  We probably should have one maintenance of way car, or maybe coal?  Or just dirt.

I've always like wooden barrels and can cast tons of them in resin.  Maybe a barrel supply car?  Will have to ponder this a bit.  Like I said in previous posts you can't just guess at these things.  Everything has to come together for points.

The brake rigging under these cars is very odd.  I'm going to have to find a source to tell me about it.  In the past I've tried to find info on break rigging and haven't had a lot of luck.  To this day I'm not sure if I really understand how it works.

Mass producing coupler pockets will be another consideration.  The good think is that when I get the master and mold built, I can populate four cars with parts.  Same as with the brake wheel.  While I can mass produce the frames and sides, I want to build those board by board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!