Thursday, January 20, 2011

Product Review - Micro Engineering Code 55 Rail Weathered

I try to make an excuse to go by the train store once a week.  Today, I was celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Day.  Dr. King was an amazing man and a leader of epic proportions.  He is also a great Atlantan so today...we celebrate!

I bought a pack of Micro Engineering Code 55 Nickel Silver Rail - Weathered.  For the Sippin' Swamp diorama I need VERY petite rail like the prototype.  I keep a supply of all sizes of this rail and use it often.  The $43.20 price tag is not for the faint of heart, as it's $1.30 per 3 foot section, but the quality can't be beat.

Funny, but when I went in the Hobby Shoppe here in Salt Lake, Randy acted like he had just ordered it for me.  I asked for code 55 and he literally handed it to me like he had been holding it all day just waiting for me to come in.  Strange.  Guess he is psychic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!