The most important part of me is my butt. When coworkers aren't riding it or chewing it out, it likes to sit at the workbench. So the chair is a very important tool and requires some consideration. My local Staples store send me a coupon for 20% of furniture on New Year's Day, so I thought it was time to take my butt to the store and buy it something it would be comfortable on.
I looked at a lot of chairs and really liked this one. It was originally $89, but was on sale for $49. Actually the sale price was supposed to have ended the day before but they gave me the good price anyone. Then we took 20% off of that. So for $79 I got two great chairs!
- I'm big. 6'2" and 280 lbs. I need something that will hold me up. The base has five castors and is very strong and stable.
- Since I'm tall the chair has to stretch up. You want your upper leg horizontal and parallel to floor for comfort. Otherwise your feet will hurt.
- The basement can get hot when Marie turns the fireplace on, so I wanted the back of the chair to be vented. I like the mesh backed chairs for this reason. Vinyl backs can get very hot.
- No arms. The arms just get in the way when you are working on models, so this "task chair" is arm free.
- Padding. I can sit at the desk for up to four hours on a weekend so I need booty comfort. This is a cloth bottom (cooler) and very well padded.