Sunday, March 12, 2017

011 The Smart Industry X-Change System (SIXS) - 03 Walthers Cornerstone Tank Car Oil Loading Platform 933-304

Time for a little more work on the plumbing...


These are the upright pipe and valve assemblies.  They are very small and the photos aren't great since I don't have the proper lights.


You have to watch how you put the valves on.  A closed valve handle is in line with the pipe and the flow of the liquid.  So if you model this pipe on, the valve will be pointed straight up. Since I didn't want any leaking chemical I made the valves closed.  The valve handle would be perpendicular to the pipe and on the side of the gang way.  None of this is in the instructions of course.


I put the flanges on the pipes with ACC, then later added a drop of Tenax 7R.  This fused them together well.


Here are the four pipe sets.  Took me about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!