Friday, March 10, 2017

010 The Smart Industry X-Change System (SIXS) - Putting on the Top #2

Ok, let's finish the yob.


I put the large section back on the benchwork.  Even with all the weight I put on one end (closest to the camera) it bucked up.  So I lifted the section and re-applied the adhesive.


This time I put about 15 pounds of weight on it and left it there for several days to dray.


Next, we work on the short end.  I have to go back to Home Depot for one more square of foam.  Wait here until I get back....


Whew!  That was a long run!  While there I bought some self sticking cork and a new utility knife.  This cork is mush thinner than cork roadbed and I'll use it to reduce the shoulder profile and to make transitions from cork roadbed.


Another coat of adhesive....


And a lot of weight!  Ok, we'll give it a couple of days to dry.  Why a couple of days?  Because the foam prevents air from getting to the adhesive and helping it cure, so several days are required to get a really good bond.  You had a kit you needed to work on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!