Wednesday, February 8, 2017

It's Electric! The Arduino is Cool!

As some of you know I'm in South Carolina now, stuck in an apartment until I find a basement for the trains.  With little space, limited furniture and access to low priced good Bourbon, I'm starting to work on plans for a new, big layout.

I've kicked around a bunch of ideas in my apartment for building a small layout, but the space is too tight.  So I'm going to build a large industry section that will be highly detailed.  That's when I came up with another idea, which I'll share with you later.


This is the Arduino Micro Controller.  Essentially it is a very small computer that manages inputs and outputs which cause things to happen.  Here I've downloaded a C+ program into its IC microprocessor and it is making an LED flash on and off.  I conducted this test just to make sure the software, hardware, cabling and connections were all working, as well as the Arduino Uno Board.

There are many people playing with these things and figuring out what we can do with them.  Soon, I'll show you what I'm up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!