Saturday, February 11, 2017

Central Model Railway & Historical Society - CMR&HA Train Show 2/11/17

My friend Paul Kay and I drover over to Easley, SC for a train show held by the CMR&HA.  Got to see some friends and enjoyed some On30.  Most of the show was high rail, so he and I both came home almost empty handed.  I did pick up two small laser kits from my old friend Howard Garner, and a small bridge for $6 that was worth a lot more.  It was a fun morning, but we weren't even there 2 hours.



There was a portable On30 layout there.  Spent some time talking to the guys.  One of the things I liked was this small sawmill.  I built one similar to it years ago.








 






 This bridge was excellent!  It had a lot of detail and look as if to be very strong.




There were a lot of people at the show, but I didn't see a lot of folks with purchases.  The weather was a sunny 70 degrees here in February and I wonder if the show was hurt by that.

 I went there looking specifically for modern building kits, detail parts and On30 equipment.  Alas, I think On30 at train shows and hobby shops is not a total gonner.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!