Thursday, February 9, 2017

Limping Along with Tools

Now those of you that know me know that I can't STAND to be without my train tools.  In fact, I'm the guy that started the legendary TRAINTOOLS egroup on Yahoo Groups.  So being in a little apartment meant I could only carry a limited amount of tools with me, and all had to travel by plane from Utah.  Argh!

So, I did have to get a few things here in South Carolina.  One of the things I absolutely needed was a soldering iron for electronics.  My wife gave me the most incredible soldering station which sits on my workbench.  It has a power supply, variable heat, voltmeter and even makes toast.  I miss him dearly.  I dropped by Hobby Lobby last weekend with my handy 40% off coupon and bought the Amerikit Soldering Tool Kit for $22.99, less $9.16 = $13.83.  It comes with a fine point 25W soldering iron, desoldering pump, solder wick, stand for the iron, tip cleaning sponge and some lead free solder.  Its a great deal for what I need it for, which is some benchtop electrical soldering.


It came with a 4 page soldering basics guide and is very handy for what I need, and at a great price.

I already know how to solder electronics, having been a bench tech for a couple of years, but I kept the how-to for when I need to teach someone.

Arduino board...here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!