Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Hearty Tool Idea

I just stumbled across this idea by accident.  For years I've had this heart shaped cake pan in the shop and use it to collect parts when I'm working on something.  Then it hit me like a ton of Dunkin' Donuts on a sugar binge.

 This old pan is a gift of my mother's many many many years ago when I was a kid living at home.  I've used it for years to collect parts, nuts, screws, etc.

 It is a cheap heart shaped pan...probably buy one anywhere, and cheap after Valentine's Day.

 Here's the idea.  Say you have something you are using, such as these HO scale crossties.  You don't want to reach into the bag but have them out where you can get a handfull.

 You just pour them into your handy pan and use them.  But when you are done...

 You tilt the pan down to the point at the bottom of the heart, and the crossties (or nuts, screws, pieces) slide to the bottom and go right into the bag.  Neat!  I've had this thing for years and never figured that out.  Now we'll all want one!

1 comment:

  1. Who was it that said Mothers' don't have a sixth sense about these things?

    Enjoying the blog, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!