Saturday, September 5, 2009

Last Night's Activities

Well, I did GO to train night...just didn't last. I'm not sure if I was just tired or something I ate during the day didn't agree with me, but I went home early and went to bed. Today, I'm back to normal.

From Steve Berkheimer...

Hello everyone,

We had a great work session last evening. Many thanks to Scott for coming over early to help carry the material back home. Sorry Paul, but a holiday weekend friday night on I-85N can be a bear. Everyone is headed out of town! Good alternates are Satellite Blvd. or Buford Hwy from the Hwy 120 or Sugarloaf areas.

Anyway, after moving the lumber when we should have just left most of it laying outside in the yard; we recaptured what and how we needed to build the framing for the rear wall of the main layout room. Then I threw in the special "Wheeler Design" 2x4 pieces that attach the top of the framing to the existing house joists - that really got us going! I think Rick got a couple great photos of what we at first thought we'd do with them!

Actually building the framing went pretty well. We did the cutting in the backyard. That was great during full daylight - but man the mosquitos sure were bad as it got toward evening!

(ed. I have about 10 skeeter bites on me this morning!)

Stepping back and admiring you guys' handy work, I realize once again just how GREAT the NCIOG is! Thanks Scott, Paul, and Rick for all the help.

Bob, have a safe return trip but know that we were talking bad about you haunting us this evening! It was like those 2x4 pieces had a mind of their own! We must have moved them out of the way a dozen times. Every time we turned around they we in the way - "Bob must have moved them again!!!!" :) LOL

Ya'll have a great holiday weekend!

Steve B.

P.S. Scott - Hope you are feeling back up to snuff this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!