Sunday, February 17, 2013

Old Layout Resurfaces

I've built tons of small layouts...almost 30 of them.  Often I wonder what happened to them.  Fortunately, one resurfaced just recently!


The Louisville & Nashville Taylorsville Subdivision in N scale

As you can see, the layout has had some neglect.  It is about 10 years old and has been stored under a dusty bed.  It was built for my father-in-law who, at the time, was showing some interest in model trains and had been to a Region Convention with me.  He's a great guy, but sadly, is suffering from dementia and is in a care center now.

The layout was a simple, light weight layout with two industries and a passing siding.  Funny, but this very simple layout was a lot of fun to operate.  Its only 2 feet x 4 feet.

My brother-in-law is resurrecting is, so we'll see if it comes back to life.

If you happen to have a layout that I built...please send me a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!