Friday, April 2, 2021

Stop Signs for Trains

 

While railfanning in an industrial section of southeast Charlotte, NC on Westinghouse Road I came across something intersting. The train passed by faster than I could get a shot, but I notice that he stopped for a minute. He was at a four-way 90 degree crossing. At this crossing, from every direction was a stop sign! 


Here you can see the intersection's diamond. It is all in one industrial area and I'm sure that there is only Norfolk Southern here in this space.  Each direction has a stop sign; some quite worn, and some brand new. Very unique!


I'm in the process of building an industrial railroad that has diamonds on it, and this is the perfect detail to add!

Here is a photo that is more level. Feel free to click on this and download the photo and make your own train stop signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!