Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Hamlet Historic Seaboard Air Line Railroad Depot


I was pleased when I drove about 1.5 hours east on a beautiful sunny day to what has been promoted as "The World's Most Beautiful Depot!"  I was not disappointed!  If you want to know more about the museum click this link!  I met an old fellow name Riley at the depot and he gave me a personal tour.  He was proud to show me the photos of himself and his family working on the railroad...and he knew EVERYTHING.  I guess the biggest surprise that I had was that this mammoth depot was moved from the other side of the tracks to its present location.  Amazing!  The photos below should give you enough information to make a model.  Click on a photo to enlarge.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!