Friday, March 16, 2012

0034 On30 Wasatch & Jordan Valley RR - History

I can never get over how powerful the Internet is.  Here I am discovering an extinct tiny railroad in a state full of extinct tiny railroads, and I now have 48 pages of history and photos.  Amazing.  Never left the chair.  When I first started model railroading this would have been impossible, especially if I didn't even live here in Utah.  I love it!

Here are the main links that I used to get information.  Pardon the long URL's but I've learned that on some sites the pages get moved and having the whole link can sometimes help me find them again.


Links:
One thing I've noticed is most of the neighborhood people in the area had no clue that trains were used to bring the stones in and nobody so far knew that they rumbled down tracks right outside their houses!  So we'll just consider my project a grand history lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!