Thursday, January 27, 2011

Product Review - DVD Styrene: The Ideas, Tips and Technologies of Dean Freytag

Styrene: The Ideas, Tips and Technologies of Dean Freytag

Dean Freytag is a legend in model railroading and is most noted for revolutionizing the modeling of steel mills.  His steel book is a proud edition on my shelf.  Unfortunately Dean passed on recently.

I bought this book from Green Frog Video as an extra DVD so that I could get free shipping.  I should have paid for shipping.  The video is quite dated with some products being pitched that are long gone on the market.  It was fun seeing some inside shots of Plastruct, though.  Actually there are a lot of products pitched in this DVD.

However Dean does get around to showing us a few tips and tricks.  However, for the price, there are few that I thought were really unique or revolutionary.  This is not a video that I'd recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!